A ‘play partner’ is our name for your child’s ‘key person’. Their role includes:
- Helping your child settle in to preschool and leading the induction process
- Ensuring your child feels confident and safe in the setting
- Observing and assessing your child and planning ‘next steps’
- Updating Tapestry - your child’s online ‘Learning Journal’
- Acting as a first point of contact for parents/carers for concerns or queries
Your child’s relationship with their play partner will be an important part of their time at preschool. However, as we are a small team, the children will also form strong relationships with the other staff members too. We encourage the children to do this, so that they feel confident working with different people and aren’t unsettled if their play partner isn’t there on a certain day.